You're the Best...

Welcome!
Grab a cup of coffee, tea or favorite cold beverage and kick your feet up 
and visit with me awhile!

It's Heartfelt Creations Wednesday, which is always such a treat!
If you don't find inspiration here, I promise you will find it on the Heartfelt Creations blog because the projects there are always so amazing!
It's also a special Wednesday this week because we are participating in a blog hop with Art Anthology!  I had the pleasure of using some of their products on a few of my creations and am excited to share with you!

This week I've continued working with the Blazing Poppy Collection.  
It's filled with such beautiful prints and colors.

Here's where my creativity took me this week...


I simply love the color palette of this collection paired with black.  
I think you land up with such an elegant looking creation!

Here's a closer look at the poppies...


When I found these sparkly embellishments in the clearance section, I bought them all in every color they had knowing that they would make fantastic flower centres.  I love how they look with these poppies!  If you look closely, you'll also see some sparkle on the poppies.  I've achieved this by using the Art Anthology Sorbet - Dazzle paint.  I've used a small paint brush to just apply a thin layer all over the flowers.  It's too bad that it's so hard to see in the picture because it give the flowers a beautiful hint of shimmer.  I've also used it on the background where I've stamped the poppy image.

Here's a close up of how that turned out...and it's a little easier to see the glitter...


That beautiful shimmer just brings the glamour of the card up to a whole new level.
The gorgeous stamped image has been colored with my Spectrum Noir Blendable Pencils along with a blending solution.  The 3d poppies have been stamped onto a textured card stock and you can see how the texture lends an extra interest to the flower as the pencils allow the texture to shine through.

Now, since we're doing a blog hop with Art Anthology this week, I'd like to also point out that the Father's Day card I created for my dad has also used another one of their fabulous products.  You can find more information and photos of that creation here

Thanks so much for stopping by to visit with me today!
My wish for you is that you leave with your soul feeling refreshed and  uplifted...and that your creative side is inspired as well!

Should you desire detailed instructions on how this card has been created, as well as a full supply list please visit the Heartfelt Creations blog where you are able to view them and even print out a copy for yourself to follow along.

Until next time...

5 comments

Anne Harada said...

What a wonderful way to achieve subtle texture on your flowers Tracey! They look fantastic, along with the card layers and beautiful black bow! Gorgeous!!

craftieodmae said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love the delicate color of these poppies! And you are right...they look great against that black ribbon and die cut. Really a pretty card, Tracey!

SussiPoppins said...

Hi Tracey, I like the black with the pink! Gorgeous card! Hugs

Marisa Job said...

What a beautiful card!! Love it!!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!