Box It Up

Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening depending where you are!

Today starts a new challenge over at Unstampabelles.
This month we are challenging you to ...

"Box It Up"

with the twist of doing a tutorial and showing us how you made it. 
Feel free to use pictures or video!
I just can't wait to see what you come up with!

We are sponsored this month by...



Be sure to check out the Unstampabelles blog for the prize being offered!
I needed to make a baby gift package the other day and I thought this would be the perfect challenge to do it with...I needed a box anyway!

I started browsing through my SVG cutting files and found the "Big Boutique Boxes" kit from SVG Cuts!  I love their cutting files!
For the real tutorial on this cutting file be sure to check out their website in the link above.
I promise that it is much better than the photo tutorial I'm about to show you!  LOL

First I must apologize for the poor quality photos...it was evening and I needed to get them done and the lighting was less than great.

Ready...

The first step was to get the Cameo humming!
I hope no one feels I cheated as I didn't make my box by hand!  LOL

As the pieces were being cut I started setting them aside, separating them into box top pieces and box bottom pieces.  (I'll only show you the assembly of the box top as the bottom is a repeat and I'm sure you'll get it!)


Then it was time to start folding the pieces for the top of the box...


....and then the fun and gluing began...


The box skeleton started taking shape...


...and then came time to add the top panel to the creation...


....here's a shot of the top of the box glued and finished...


...and then the real fun began..
the embellishing!
I had a few baby files from the Silhouette Design Store and decided to created a baby banner as well as a pair of baby booties.  Topped off with some flowers and buttons...I thought it came out pretty cute!

Here's a look at the completed project...


and how about a close up of the embellishing...


I hope you've been inspired to create a box of your own. 
Then be sure to link it up with us at Unstampabelles...just remember NO stamping on the project!
It's really not as hard as it seems!
You only have time until the end of the month...so get working!

Until next time...

This creation has been entered in the following challenges...

4 comments

Susan Hogan said...

OMG that is so cute. What a beautiful little pair of booties. You are not doing my willpower any good re the Cameo - I think I just edged significantly closer to getting one!

DIANA L. said...

This is so sweet. I love the booties
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes November Linky Party. Have a blessed day
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Shylaashree said...

Nice tute tracey and those little booties are awesome

Wynn said...

Fantastic creation Tracey. As Susan said those bootees are so cute!! Love your colour combo too xxx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!