It's Almost Party Time

It's hard to believe that in a week from today, our daughter turns 10!  What a milestone!  This year she decided to have her party hosted at our local pottery shop...called Clay Owl.  We've been busy scoping out their website for the cute little figurines they can choose from to paint, and she's starting to get quite excited.  (Mom is quite excited as well since this party won't be hosted at home!  LOL)

We decided to start designing her invitation, as we usually make them.  Since my new toy came in the mail last week (my new Silhouette Cameo) I decided I'd spend a few hours monkeying around on the machine seeing if I could come up with something to turn into an invitation.  Now, I didn't have much time to play with the Cameo, and am in awe of what it says it can do...however I have a huge learning curve ahead of me with many YouTube videos to view! LOL

I cannot brag too much about this creation...but we came up with something that we felt was presentable!




We chose a painters palette, brush, sentiment & owl from the online Silhouette Store.  I had some fun learning how to manipulate the different shapes, color them, etc. Once everything was cut & pasted I adhered the entire invitation to a piece of blue card stock, fussy cut around it hoping to make it pop a little and to give it a layer for strength.  I added some Glossy Accents to the sentiment to make it look like it had been painted and so it had a raised 3D effect.  I added some red Stickles to the tip of the paintbrush and the red ink blot as well as the bow on the owl.  The party particulars were stamped and handwritten onto the back of the card. I did have some trouble with some of the ink from our laser printer rubbing off of the finished project...but a quick blast under the heat gun seems to have done the trick...I will have to look into trying to print onto different kinds of card stock!  DD is busy addressing envelopes as we speak so there can be deliveries at school tomorrow! 

I'm so glad we finally got these assembled today!  I'm looking forward to the party and can hardly wait to see what each young gal wants to paint and the creativity they come up with...and of course the cupcakes and munchies!

So glad you could stop by today...until next time!

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!