Dance Dreams & Ode to a Teacher

Last night I sat down and took the time to make a very special card for my daughter.  She has been taking ballet lessons for the last 5 years or so and has a fantastic teacher.  Well, tonight was their dress rehearsal for the recital they will be putting on this weekend. And this means that our dance year is quickly coming to an end. 

 Now Ms. Marilee is an extremely special lady in my opinion.  She loves each and every one of her students and always has a kind word to say to them.  She has a love of dance that shines through her, and has thus given my daughter a love for ballet as well.  As I sat at my craft table I knew I wanted to create a card that reflected the personality of this special teacher.  It needed to be soft and feminine and of course needed to reflect the art of ballet!

Take a peek at what I came up with...



I used a pattern background paper and then stamped some flourishes with some Stampology "Flourishes" stamps, layering them close to one another.  I then used my BigShot to cut some ovals from the Spellbinders Nestabilities dies and layered them together, slightly overlapping the previously stamped flourishes.  I used the Stamp'n Up "Dance" stamp set and stamped the ballerina image onto some beige cardstock and fussy cut it when it was dry...and popped the image off the ovals with pop up dots.  The sentiment was stamped straight onto the background paper and was from the same "Dance" stamp set.  I used some paper flowers by Recollections and Stamp'n Up and put the final touches on with some vintage ribbon (unknown source) and some pearls also by Stamp'n Up.  I was very pleased with the results...and the picture does not do this card justice unfortunately!

Here's a close up...

My daughter was pleased to present her teacher with this card this evening along with a bouquet of flowers.  And I'm happy to say from my daughter's report that Ms. Marilee was pleased with her presentation.  

Thank you Ms. Marilee for all the hard work that you have put into teaching our daughter... not only for the dance techniques & disciplines, but also the for the example you set for her.  She admires you and often says that she would love to become a dance teacher like you!

So, best of luck with the recital this weekend Ms. Marilee...and of course my little ballerina!

Posted by Picasa

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!