Another First...

A friend of mine, actually my old (pardon me...former neighbour is a better way to describe her as she is definitely not old!  LOL) sent me a link via FaceBook a few months back to a great scrapbooking/card making blog with some great sketches you can follow and play along with! It's called Stuck on U Sketches and has some really creative ideas on it!  Well, I've been a "silent blog stalker" and have just enjoyed browsing and admiring everyone's creations from afar.  I've never attempted posting my work for any of the challenges as I always feel that other people are more creative and do a far more superior job.  Well, tonight as I was quietly browsing the blog, I came across a card challenge and got inspired to participate.  Here's the sketch for the card...

April 17/13 Card Sketch - Stuck on U Sketches - by Nanne

Now I've never been one to follow an example exactly...I'm always having to experiment and come up with my own take on things!  So trying to stay somewhat true to the sketch, this is what I came up with...




The paper used on this card was from Graphic 45's "Secret Garden" Collection.  I inked it up to age it and give it a vintage feel with Stamp'n Up's Close to Cocoa.  The buttons are also from a Stamp'n Up collection.  The cute polka dot washi tape is unfortunately from an unknown source, sorry! I fussy cut the sentiment portion of the card from a collection of Heartwarming Vintage Creative Scraps made by Crafty Secrets.  The circular diecuts were created using my BigShot and the Spellbinders Nestabilities "Lacey Circles".  Lastly, the yellow toned background layer was created in the Bigshot as well with a Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers die called "Mini Tickets".  Throw all the layers together for a quick card that can be used to congratulate someone for pretty much any occasion!  And that my friends, is the first sketch challenge card I have ever completed and submitted to a blog!  Thanks for looking!

4 comments

Bonnie aka Cinnabon said...

beautiful, Tracey! The whole idea of a sketch is to give inspiration, it doesn't have to follow exactly, we just want to see something in it of the sketch. Your take is perfect! Thanks so much for playing along!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Oh, how wonderful is this???!!! I am so glad to hear that you've been following us but even happier to see you play along! This is one dynamite card and I love that you shared it! Those 3 yellow buttons just make me happy!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Such kind words...thanks ladies!

Unknown said...

Loving your choice of colours here Tracey, so bright and cheerful. The three wee buttons just finish it off to perfection. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!