Mustard Seed Faith...

Hello and Welcome!
I have a special surprise for you today!
Several months ago I was approached and asked if I would like to be involved in a new faith based challenge blog that was in the works!  It seems like so many moons ago that I used to do any work with challenge blogs, and my favorite by far was the faith based one I was part of early on in my crafting/blogging adventures.  I met the most wonderful ladies through that challenge blog...and I know that this will hold true now as well!

I accepted a design team position with Mustard Seed Faith Challenges, and we are so happy and excited to bring to you our first challenge today!  In a world that is so very mixed up, full of tough choices, and frankly just needing some heavenly sunshine, I am excited to unite card makers and paper crafters and to share the love of Jesus!

This is something that has been on my heart constantly the last year of so...how can God use my crafty talents for His Kingdom?  Many days it felt like I was just pumping out card after card without it having any meaning.  I yearned to connect with other Christians who were crafty, wanted to have my creations bring a blessing to someone and for God to use them to show people around the world His love.

Anyhow...moving along...
Let's explore this week's challenge!
We are focusing on the verse Matthew 17:20...a fitting place to start since the mustard seed theme ties in with the name of the challenge blog.  

"He replied, because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain 'Move from here to there', and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you." Matt. 17:20 NIV

Are you familiar with the size of a mustard seed?  It's tiny...and often that is how my faith feels to me...very tiny!  But look...God promises us that even with our smallest faith, nothing is impossible for us through Him!  Isn't that amazing!  There are times I beat myself up for not thinking my faith will be enough for God to work with...I think perhaps my needs are too small or too large and choose to not even ask anything from Him! I think that we are living in a day where we need to cling onto that promise that faith the size of a mustard seed allows God to do great things through us...we need to become bolder, deeper in our faith and allow our faith to grow larger than that mustard seed day by day, showing God's great love to a world that is lost and falling apart!
What do you think?

Back to the paper crafting challenge at hand...
For this challenge, we are asking that you use any shade of yellow..from bright to golden mustard somewhere on your creation!

Here's the card I created...

It's not often I get to sit and just and make a simple card...and I really like how this one turned out!
I was going to use a different sentiment on this card...I had it on my table...I put it down and could not find it when I needed it to complete the card! Gotta love those clear stamps!
As I started browsing for a new sentiment to use, I came across this one immediately and knew that this was the sentiment I was to use on the card! 

Faith does involve closing one's eyes...coming to God and opening your heart to Him and what He has in store for you!  Faith is knowing that no matter what type of situation we are going through...that God's got us and is in control of that situation!  Faith is knowing that in the long run, no matter how awful the world around us seems...we know how the story ends!
God's got this!

I hope you're leaving here encouraged and ready to join in with us on some inky fun!
You will find all of the "rules" for the challenges on the Mustard Seed Faith Challenges blog!
Link up your creations, perhaps leave a comment and I cannot wait to come pay your blog a visit to see how this challenge inspired you!

Until next time...

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!