I'm a Country Girl...

Greetings to you today from rural Manitoba, Canada!
As I work ahead and schedule this blog post, I find myself looking at a country yard filled with massive snowbanks and listening to a howling wind which will chill you down to the bone.  I'm ready for spring...to watch our little acreage come alive with flowers, grass, leaves on the trees and all the wild flowers in the pasture.  I'm longing for a visit from my hummingbirds and goldfinches!  But, I suppose I have to wait a little longer!  I love living in the country...the smells (ok not the smells of the manure being spread!  LOL), the lack of neighbours, the big yard for the kids to play on...so when I had the opportunity to select a country girl digi I was excited!

I'm back today with a new challenge over at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog!  It's a really neat one this time...we are challenging you to use lace, fibers and have an optional twist of doing the faux suede technique!  I had never heard of this technique before, so I got busy on YouTube...not much you can't find there...LOL.

I applied this technique to my background...which was a denim piece of designer paper.  I was hoping the blue denim would shine through a little more than it does, but I definitely like the effect of the wrinkles on it anyway.  It's so subtle in the picture, but on the card itself it looks very cool!

Take a look at the creation so this will all make sense...


I colored up this cute Kenny K digi with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I remembered that I had some country themed collage sheets by Heartwarming Vintage in my stash...and got down to fussy cutting some images and a few sentiments.  I just loved all the cute sentiments.

While at my favorite little scrap shop last week, I came across this awesome burlap ribbon and just knew I had to use it on this card.  I've applied that all along the bottom and then added some flowers to accent the corner.  You gotta have flowers if you're making a country themed card, don't ya?
The finishing touch was to add a few more cute sentiments near the flower bunch held in place by a clothes pin!

 Here's a closer look at some of the elements...




And, of course I need to give you all the details about our sponsors for the challenge this week!

They are none other than...

 

 and

 

Check out The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog to see what you have a chance at winning!
And while you're there, take a look around at all of the other DT creations...they are sure to give you a burst of inspiration and creativity.

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Digi Makeover Challenges..."Anything Goes"
Eureka Stamps..."Anything Goes"
Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog..."Anything Goes"
Paper Creator's Crafts..."Circle, Square and Rectangle"...square card base, rectangle sentiments and circle vintage embellishments at centre of card
ABC Challenges..."G is for Girl"
Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog..."Use a Stamp or Digi"
Fan-Tastic Tuesday..."Anything Goes" 
Crafting by Designs..."Anything Goes"
Hobbybook Designer Challenges..."Make it Girly"
Bearly Mine Challenges..."One for the Girls"





15 comments

cass said...

Cute card Tracey, love the embellishments, wonderful inspiration for our challenge this week at Crafters Cafe.

Nancy said...

Oooh...Tracey!! This one is just fabulous! That image is super sweet!
Spring is coming very soon, my friend! :o)

Monica taylor said...

What a fun card Tracey. Great inspiration for our challenge this week over at Crafters Cafe. Monica

Emma said...

Fab card love all the country embellishments. Thank you for joining us at The ABC Challenge for our 'G is for Girls' xx

Crafty Judith said...

Hi hun fabulous card love it and ty for joining us at Fan-Tastic Tuesday - very good luck x

Craftymum said...

I love this card...it reminds me of picnics by fields of corn..laying back and looking at blue skies and making pictures from the clouds. I am jealous muchly, we have the goldfinches but oh to have humming birds in the garden. I hope that your Spring arrives soon x

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Country to the max. I love it. The colors, patterns and textures work so well together. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup Stamps.

Tamie said...

Rockin details and one fabulously colored image! I love how you used it in your design. It is awesome. Thank-you for joining us at the CardsGaloreEncore Challenge #3 Use a Stamp or Digi.

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge this week. Marlene DT

Denise Goeldner said...

Great fun card, love the added elements. Thanks so much for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
~ Denise DT ~

Sharon Noble said...

Hiya thank you for joining us for our first challenge at Hobbybook designer challenge blog. Your card is lovely beautiful colouring. Hope to see you next time hugs from Sharon DT

vivie said...

wow love it !!!! thanks you so much for sharing it with us at hobbybook!!!!!

Unknown said...

Awesome fab card. Thank you for playing with Hobbybook this week.

Unknown said...

What a great card, love it! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this month x

Jules said...

From what I can see on our blog your card looks great and a lot of fun, sorry but the images aren't displaying on your blog. Thank you for joining us at BMD, good luck xoxoxo

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!