A Little Miracle

Welcome Back!

I'm back with a mid month posting for our current challenge over at Unstampabelles.  We're still designing around our current challenge which is "Geometric Shapes"...but keep in mind that your creation cannot contain any form of stamping...inked or digi.

I had a specific card type in mind for this challenge...as I knew that I was needing to do a baby card for a brand new little boy!  Well, he's not too brand new anymore, he was born in December but I haven't had the pleasure of meeting him as of yet!  I'm so excited to meet him this Wednesday....you see my friends little man is a true miracle.  She was always told that she would never be able to have any children...but God is in the business of working miracles isn't he!  But this little man's story doesn't end there.  When he was born he was born with heart problems and was whisked away to another province within hours of his birth.  I can't imagine what this would be like for any parent.  Well, long story short, this little guy was tough...he made it through the surgery and is looking great and healthy!

Well, I got busy looking through the Silhouette online store and found this awesome little card with the baby onesie and the dresser.  I decided that I wanted to add some other items to the card so kept looking and came across this great rocking horse and teddy bear cutting file.  I just thought it was adorable.  Lastly, I found the sentiment which I thought would compliment the card perfectly.  And, then I got busy!

Since I was supposed to actually meet my friend and her little one last Wednesday, I knew I was on a bit of a time crunch. (We had to postpone as I caught the flu and didn't want to pass that along to them.)  So, I decided to use the print and cut feature, along with the color fill feature on the Cameo rather than take the time to paper piece.  I based my colors on the ribbon that I had received from our current sponsor for this challenge...Annabelle Stamps!  (The little "knobs" on the dresser drawers are also little sprinkles that I received from them as well!)  A huge thank you!

Here's a glimpse at the card...


I thought it turned out super sweet!

For the finishing touch I added some blue Stickles to the heart on the onesie and on the rocking horses bridle and saddle, and popped up the rocking horse and teddy bear die cut so it appears to be sitting in front of the dresser.

Now, can you find all the geometric shapes I used?
Here's just a quick list...circles for the knobs on the dresser, circle for the eye of the rocking horse, the hearts on the onesie and teddy bears feet, the rectangle dresser drawers, the square behind the onesie with the corners notched!  See, it's not so hard...and you're only being challenged to add three shapes to your card!

You still have some time to play along with us at Unstampabelles with this current challenge.  If you have a card that you know you're needing or even one that you're making to have on hand for a birthday, thinking of you, etc. challenge yourself to do it without stamps and to use at least 3 shapes on that creation.  You'll be amazed at how easy it really is!  Then, don't forget to link up with us at Unstampabelles...we'd love to see your take on this challenge!

Until next time...

This card has been shared in the following challenges...
Little Red Wagon..."Dimensional" 
Lady Bug Crafts..."One for the Boys"
Papertake Weekly..."Bingo"  (die cuts, free, glitter)
Crafty Girls Challenges..."Anything Goes"
Crafty Ribbons Challenge..."Ribbon & Bow" 
Crafty Catz..."Boys and their Toys"
Paper Crafting Challenges..."Glitter" 
Card a Day Blog..."Babies, Spring, Easter, Congratulations" 
Silhouette Challenges..."Create Your Own Scene" 
Amusing Challenge..."Fancy Fold"
Sentimental Sundays..."Cute and Cuddly"








12 comments

PaperDaisies said...

What a cute card. I love the design. Great colour combo. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

Chris said...

A sweet card for a little miracle! Thanks for sharing it with us at Ladybugs Crafts Ink Challenge!
Chris
x

Tracy Penney said...

Super cute. What a great fold on the card and all the die images are so adorable. Great job. Thanks for joining our Truly Dimensional challenge over at Little Red Wagon.

Shirley-Anne said...

TOO CUTE!! A real stunner . Love this .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Susan Hogan said...

I love that little rocking horse Tania. I also hope that the little fellow is healthy and happy and that your lunch with his Mum and himself went well!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

So cute, thanks for playing at Crafty Ribbons. I have some candy and would love you to hop over

Unknown said...

love this card Tracey!! the dresser, teddy bear and rocking horse are so cute! Love how you've put it all together and the green / blue colour combination. thank you for joining us in our Cute and Cuddly challenge this week at Sentimental Sundays !
Mirella DK
DT Sentimental Sundays (Cute and Crafty Cards by Mirella)

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Great fold. Wonderful card the image is simply striking. Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Sentimental Sundays. We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
Berni,DT

Fabiola said...

oh! elle est adorable, biz

Khristen said...

What a sweet card! Thanks for playing along at Paper Crafting Challenges!

xoxo
Khristen

Justin W. said...

Thanks for entering! Your card is so cute! Thanks for linking up with us at Paper Crafting Challenges.

Linsey R said...

OMGOSH, this is so super cute!!!! I love the dresser panel--adorable!!! :)

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!