Three Color Combo Challenge

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
Christmas is one month away...are you ready?  I think I'm pretty close...just need to do a little shopping with the kids for their dad!  First stop will be the ice fishing section at our local hardware store!  LOL  The kids are just waiting to skate on the dugout, do some ice fishing and make some snowmen!  Maybe this will be the year they'll enjoy playing outside in the snow!

Speaking of playing in the snow and snowmen, I had fun playing with the current sponsor image I got to choose from StampArt Design by Kathryne..."Flakey Friends", which you can find here.



 Our current challenge over at Twist of Faith is to create a card using only three colors, and our awesome sponsor will be awarding one lucky winner 4 digis of their choice!  How spectacular is that?  And of course, don't forget our twist of adding an encouraging, uplifting, healing sentiment or scripture verse.  (I think I fell a little short on our twist this week...unless you're someone who is glad I would try to encourage snow!  LOL)

I must admit, I have never attempted to consciously only use 3 colors on a project!  I have come to the conclusion that ....this is hard...at least for me it was!  I decided my main colors would be red, blue and white.  I did land up with hints of green, brown and orange as well.  I just couldn't leave the the snowman's arms and nose uncolored!  LOL

Here's a look at how my attempt turned out...


...and a closer look at the cute snowman and his snowflake buddy!


All of the paper, letters and fussy cut animals have been cut from a paperpack that the kids gave me many years ago for Christmas...I'm trying to make use of it because it has been ignored for many years.  The snowflake die is a die I purchased from Whimsy Stamps.  To give the card some sparkle, I have added some Glitter Ritz to the swirling snowflakes, and the snow in the trees.  I have popped up several birds, and the bunnies as well as the lettering so the card has some dimension to it.  I feel okay with how the card came out considering how difficult I found this challenge. 

I hope that you will challenge yourself this week to deliberately create a card with just three colors, and then link up with us over at Twist of Faith!  If you're needing more ideas, be sure to visit the other DT creations because they each have their own creative take on the challenge.  Each card is like a snowflake...no two are alike...but beautiful in their own way!  And isn't that just how God has created all of us...no two people are alike...we are all special in our own way and God loves us just as we are.

Thanks for the visit!
(Should you be interested in my {Pin}spirational Challenge post, please scroll up!)

Until next time...

2 comments

Zella said...

Tracey, your card is so cute! Love all the fussy cutting and how neat that you were able to use something from your stash.

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Real sweet card, Tracey. I love the scene you've created. It's all very lovely with beautiful colours. xx Kathryne

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!