Give Thanks

Welcome!
 I'm back from my scrapbooking/card making weekend and it was great!  Lots of visiting, a great make and take project and of course lots of stocking up on new crafty "must haves"!  LOL
This scrapbooking weekend happens twice a year...once in fall and again in spring!  I'm always thankful for this weekend because it's a time to refresh my creative side!  It's a weekend to slow down, focus on a passion I enjoy and just relax and breath!  I always feel rejuvenated and more refreshed and ready to take on what the world holds in store for me after I've had some "me" time.  I find there is so much time spent focusing on the negatives in life that it's nice to slow down and regroup! I find that by "counting my blessings" I have a much more grounded attitude in life.  I believe God has created us to be thankful and not to always dwell on the negative.

This weeks challenge over at Twist of Faith is "Harvest".
 What does that bring to your mind?  Giving thanks for the yield the fields and gardens have provided us with?  Maybe it's the Thanksgiving Holiday?  What kind of image will you create with to celebrate the harvest?  We are certainly looking forward to seeing your interpretation in what you create!

Now, I was on a run of retro/vintage Christmas cards this weekend, and Sunday morning decided I better get working on my Twist of Faith card for this weeks challenge...that's what I'm here to share with you today!  Before I do that though, it's confession time...I had a hard time creating this card!  Christmas was so engrained in my brain that I had a hard time changing pace.  I chose my papers from my stash, colored my digi and set out to make the card...and I have to confess I've recreated, pulled apart this card 3 times!  I am very thankful that I finally managed to get something done that I felt was presentable!  I hope you will find some inspiration in it somewhere!  

Here's a glimpse at the the final product...


The papers were given to me as a gift and were from a Recollections Collection Fall Theme.  I cut the circle wreath with my Fanala Memory Box Die and then used the new Cranberry Stickles to add some shimmer to it.  The flowers were part of a bouquet I purchased at the weekend crop dollar store...we could actually shop for a bunch of products that were priced at a dollar.  It was so much fun!  Lastly, the sentiment is from
 Stamp 'n Up. 

The digi I used in this project is courtesy of this weeks sponsor over at Twist of Faith...




...and they have generously offered our lucky winner a prize!  Be sure to check out all the details at
Twist of Faith!

That's all for me today!  I hope that you'll find some things in your life to be thankful about each day this week!  God has blessed us in so many ways, and sometimes we forget to look for them or take them for granted!  I am thankful that you have stopped in today!  I hope I can come for a visit to your place when you link up with Twist of Faith this week!

Until next time...

4 comments

Nancy said...

Your card is lovely, Tracey! :o)

Amy A said...

Oh my Gosh Tracy, this is so beautiful! Love the warm tones and the distressing. Great design and use of embellies! Love, Love, LOVE this. Oh, did I mention I LOVE THIS?

~Hugs~
Amy

Papercrafting Princess said...

Very warm and earthy....Love it!

Zella said...

Tracey - only one word for this week: STUNNING!!!!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!