Bugs & Kisses

Today I'd like to share with you a fun and brightly colored card which I prepared for our current challenge over at Twist of Faith Card Challenges!

Our challenge this week is "Things with Wings" and we are so excited to have a new sponsor joining us!  Please help us welcome....

Picture 

who has graciously agreed to award one lucky random winner an excellent prize!  

I had the awesome opportunity to work with her collection called "Bugs & Blooms"!  It was just too cute to resist!  Included were several bugs, a bunch of sentiments and background paper!  You can see the whole fabulous collections of Deedee's work here.

Well, since these came as pre-colored images I decided to get my Silhouette Cameo humming.  I printed and cut the images I was wanting to use and printed out the background paper as well.  I also took out my BigShot and started cutting out a flower from one of my Stamp 'n Up dies.  I rummaged through my mulberry paper flowers and found some that would work with the color scheme as well.  
Here's what I came up with...


All of the background papers on this card have been supplied by Deedee's Digis.  And doesn't that ladybug look so cute peeking out from behind those flowers?  Tod add some sparkle I used some Stickles on the edges of the petals of the paper flower as well as a small dot on the ladybugs nose as though he had been smelling it! The floral buttons made the perfect centres for the flowers!  I think this cute little creation would be perfect to send to someone as a "just because" card.

Now it's your turn to pick one of your favorite things with wings and create a masterpiece with it!  Didn't God create such an awesome variety of things with wings...brightly colored butterflies, multicolored birds, pesky flies and mosquitoes.  They are all beautiful masterpieces!  And while you're creating, don't forget to put on your encouraging, healing, uplifting sentiment or scripture.  Then, link up with us at Twist of Faith!  We can't wait to see where your creativity will take you!

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...
Glitter n Sparkle..."Add some Orange"
Charisma Card Challenges..."Animals"

2 comments

Papercrafting Princess said...

The lady bug is too cute. Love the sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is such a sweet, sweet scene you have created, Tracey! I really like how you made the ladybug to peek out from those gorgeous flowers you made. Thanks so much to you and your teammates for giving me the chance to sponsor this week and be a small part of your wonderful challenge! :-)

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!