Things Are Not Always As They Appear!

Welcome!  Are you ready for a little surprise?  Well hang on, and I'll give you one further on in the blog post!

Today I'd like to share a card with you I made for the current challenge at {The Lollipop Ladies}.  As you will recall, our challenges are created around inspirational pictures of sweets!  And, here is our current challenge photo...



That's right...it's that favorite childhood candy...Push Pops!  They are not totally what they appear to be...they are moveable!  And that is the twist on our challenge this week...create a card with movement!  Now since we've been away on a working vacation and will be heading out again on a week long camping trip by the time this post will appear, I decided to make a fairly simple card. 

I found this really cute Halloween image while I was shopping at Meljen's Designs the other day and thought it would be perfect to use up some of the Halloween paper I had sitting in my craftroom for several years.  The kiddos had bought me a Holiday Paper Pack for Christmas awhile back and the Halloween paper had been seeing virtually no use.   

Here's a peek at the front of my card...


The image has been colored with my Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  The rest of the card has been created with the Halloween paper from my very old stash!  LOL
I've added some black colored bling (purchased at my local Dollarama) and cut some swirl die cuts with my Big Shot.  The smaller pumkin and the pumkin on the image have had Stickles added to the yellowish insides of their mouths, eyes and noses to give them a "glowing" effect.  Now keep in mind that things are not always as they appear (an ordinary card)...

And now onto the movement part!  When you open the card....

POP!

I warned you that things are not always as they appear!  Did I surprise you?
I decided to go with a card that when you open it the sentiment moves outward and pops out at you!  It was very simple as I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the card base and pop up attachment!
My kids were really excited and surprised when they opened the card!  The "Boo" sentiment was also a purchase from Meljens Designs.  The "Happy Halloween" came from the old stash of papers!   

So I'm hoping you feel inspired by this and decide to join us at {The Lollipop Ladies} for our current challenge.  We've had virtually no entries, and I'm not sure if people find this challenge daunting...or are all out vacationing like me!  LOL  Guest Design spots are available for winners and there's a $10 voucher up for grabs from Annabelle's Stamps!  So get creative and get moving on those movement cards...and don't forget to link them up on the side bar at {The Lollipop Ladies}!

Until next time...

This card has been entered in the following challenges...
 

6 comments

Unknown said...

What a super Halloween card. I love the images and your coloring is terrific. I just picked up a set of Distress markers - I hope my coloring looks as great as yours. The popup really makes a fun card. Thanks for joining us this week at the Dutch Dare.

nancyparker55 said...

This truly is a Surprise Card and a super sweet one too! Love it!
Love all the fun fonts you used as well. Thanks Tracey for playing along with us at Meljen's Designs this week. hugs

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Tracy, Your card is absolutely adorable. I happened to join the same challenge and saw your name and was not sure it was you. Haaaa...it was you. Your card is the BEST! I love it.
Hugs,
Antoinette

Cynthia said...

Wow, you've included lots of fun fonts on this card, Tracey. Great pop-up design as well. Thanks for playing along with Meljen's Designs this week!

Jennifer said...

Cute design! Fabulous Colour! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Anonymous said...

fabulous card and great take on the inspiration. Thanks for joining us at Creative Corner Challenges this week and don't forget about our DT call!
Tammy DT

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!