The Lord is my Strength and my Song

Welcome!  I'm so glad you could join me today! 
 I have some news to share...as well as a card of course. 
I am excited to announce that I have joined the design team over at Twist of Faith Card Challenges!  This is a blog I recently discovered, and fell in love with its "mission"...sharing the love of God through their card making and creativity.  I am blessed to be working with these ladies, and look forward to learning from them as well as encouraging each other and other bloggers in their faith!

Well, now onto the business at hand...
Twist of Faith has a new challenge starting today, and it is "Borders & Fancy Edges".  Our sponsor this week is

 
Digi Darla

and the prize for this challenge will be 5 digis of the winners choice! 

I chose to work with the image "Music Man" as I knew I had a sentiment on a stamp that would work perfectly!  I picked out a pumpkin colored card stock and got the Silhouette Cameo humming. I chose to use a really cool card with a fancy scrolled edge.  I started looking through my designer paper and decided to go with Authentique's "Strong" line.  All of the coordinating card papers on the front of the card come from this line.  I inked the edges of the card pieces with "Not Quite Navy" by Stamp 'n Up.  The circle die cut was produced by using the a Spellbinders die in my BigShot.  I adhered a musical washi tape to the side of the card to create a simple border.  The sentiment was stamped and fussy cut into random shapes so I could adhere them to the card in a scattered pattern.  Both the digi image and the wording have been mounted onto navy colored card stock so that they would pop off the page a little more.  I then fussy cut some notes I printed out with the Silhouette Cameo.  Lastly, I chose a yellowish colored paper to use as a liner on the inside of the right hand side of the card so that the scrolled edge became a more focal feature. 

Here's how it turned out...

and a close up of the awesome image I had the pleasure of working with...


And there we have it!  Thanks for joining me today, and I hope you have a chance to link up with us over at Twist of Faith...just remember you must use a scripture, verse or uplifting or encouraging sentiment somewhere on your card (inside or out...it's your choice!)  And don't forget to visit the other DT's blogs to see their most awesome creations! 

Don't be a stranger...hope to see you again soon!  And wherever you are, I hope that the verse I used on today's card is a promise you can claim...the Lord is my Strength and my Song!

This card has been submitted to the following challenges...
4 Crafty Chicks..."Let's Hear it for the Boys"
Cute Card Thursdays..."Oranges and Lemons"
Joanna Sheen Challenges..."Citrus Colors"
Victorine Originals..."Summer Colors"
Our Daily Bread Card Challenge..."Inspired by Cake" - first cake with blue and gold
Bearly-Mine Challenges..."Anything Goes"
Use Your Stuff Creative Challenges..."Washi Tape"

16 comments

Nancy said...

WOOHOO, Tracey! I'm so excited you've joined the Twist of Faith Design Team! Congratulations to you! I hope to join the challenge again this week! Your card is great...that's one of my favorite Scripture verses! :o)

Lori Turner said...

What an awesome "For The Boys" card! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week! Congrats on your new DT position!!

Tamie said...

Awesome creation! I love your color, layout and message! Love your image too. Congratulations, on your new DT position! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Vickie ODell said...

You chose the perfect verse for that image. I love the way you displayed it and included some notes. I'm so glad you're part of our team at Twist of Faith!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Awe Vickie...you are so sweet! Thanks for the kind words, and I too am glad that I get to work with you all at Twist of Faith!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Thanks so much Nancy! I hope to see you joining us at Twist of Faith on a regular basis!

Nancy said...

I always link up whenever I can! Thanks so much for popping in at my blog! I really appreciate it! :o)

Ginny Maxam said...

Wow what a stunning card, so much went into this beautiful card! All of your cards are so beautiful!! So much to learn here with being a new member of Twist of Faith! I am thankful to get to know you and the rest of the crew!!

CherylQuilts said...

What a neat card! I love the verse and the fabulous musician, and I'm so glad you joined the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Antoinette/Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Hi Tracey, I love your card. Your little man looks so sweetly set and colored as he sits surrounded by those lovely colors, musical notes, swirls and pattern designed papers. He looks like he is basking in the Lord after praising the Lord. Love it and the beautiful scripture. I am so happy to hear you joined the Twist of Faith Design Team and look forward to our new journey of fun sharing our love for the Lord through our creativity.

Leanne said...

Nicely done, thanks for playing our challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!

Unknown said...

Very cool way to use washi tape Tracey. This is a very sweet card. Thanks for joining us on the Use Your Stuff blog this week :)

thecraftycavalier said...

Great layout!Thank you for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog, Jayne

Jules said...

Your design is amazing, love the image. Thank you for joining us at BMD. Good Luck xoxoxo

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a fun card!! I just love how you positioned your verse and the fun musician. Thanks for joining the inspiration challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week!!

Karen Wilson said...

The perfect sentiment for this image. What a neat card! TFS!

Karen
Digi Darla Designs

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!