Summertime Pool Fun!

Today I have something very simple to share with you.  It didn't take me long to create these two special cards...and good thing because I didn't have a bunch of time to work with them.  

The last 5 days the kids and I have spent camping at our local beach with friends.  We chose this week to camp because all of our kids were scheduled for swimming lessons as well.  Now, even though lessons are offered at our local beach, I've always taken the kids to the pool...my daughter would never take lessons at the beach as she detests all the algae.  (She told me while she was wading in the beach again several times this past week!  LOL!)  This year we decided to try a week long course with a new instructor rather than the two week courses we usually take...it just seems that two weeks ties up so much of the summer!  The kids loved the new instructors and the indoor pool!  I too was very impressed with the instructors...the lessons were private lessons with both my kids in at the same time, but they each had their own teacher.  The private one on one certainly did seem to benefit both of the kids as there was time taken to improve their techniques as well as to correct past techniques learned incorrectly.  

 Well, me being me, and always looking for an excuse to make a card, I set to work making each of these teachers a card that would show them how appreciative I was for the effort that they put into the lessons and getting to know each of the kids.  I decided to go with a "pool" theme and when I came across these little people in the Silhouette Store...I just couldn't resist!  (Sorry for the not so great photos...its was starting to rain and the mosquitoes were eating me alive!  LOL)

Take a peek...


Here's a close up of the one my daughter will present to her teacher (along with a Dairy Queen giftcard)...


And here's the one my son will present to his teacher (with the same special treat inside...)


Each of these adorable figures was printed and cut with my Silhouette Cameo.  As I stated before, I didn't have a lot of time to work with them, so I colored them and made them a single cut out rather than layering the different paper pieces together.  I mirrored them in the Silhouette Studio so I could attach a Stamp 'n Up tab created with my punch and make them into little cards.  On the little boy I adhered the tabs to his head and left arm so he would open up sideways.  For the little girl I adhered the tab to the top of her head so she would flip up.  This is the first time I have made a card using these tabs and was quite happy with the end results.  The only thing I would do differently next time would be to make the images larger...perhaps a 5x7 card so that there is more room to add the message inside.  (These were created in a 51/2x4 size.)
I embellished the little girl with some Stamp 'n Up pearls along her bathing suit neckline, and added some flowers to her hair...embellies had been in my stash for awhile!  For the little boy, I used some "Rock Candy" Stickles on the stars on his floaty. 

Well, that's pretty much it for today!  We'll head off to finish swimming lessons tonight and we can then check that off the list for anther year!

Thanks for taking time to visit me today!  Come again soon!

I've had fun playing along with the following challenges with these cards...

13 comments

Sherrie K. said...

Absolutely adorable! The added details on the little girl with her necklace and flowers are just so stinken cute!
I am sure the Teachers will love these:) TFS!
Thanks for joining us in the "Summer" linky party at Craftin Desert Diva's!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

DIANA L. said...

These are so adorable. Perfect summer themed cards and the recipients will love them
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday #113 SUMMER !! challenge, Have a great day
DIANA L.
http:// http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sylvia Anderson said...

What a great idea, these are adorable, I love the little necklace.
Thank you for joining us in the Crafting Café, good luck x

Carole Z said...

What a fab idea, these are adorable and perfect for our challenge over at Emergency Crafters, thank you for joining in, Carole Z DT

CarlaKH said...

awww how cute are these! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Unknown said...

What two little cuties! Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Summer“ Linky Party.

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Dawn said...

E really sweet pair! Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe this time!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

kelly ledder said...

These are so cute and such a great idea.

Thanks for playing along with us at Scrappers Delights Challenge.

Kelly x

Liz said...

Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

mags said...

Awww, these are so cute. Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe and good luck.
mags
x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, thank you for joining us at the crafting cafe xxx

Anjie said...

These are really cute. Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.
Anjie

alethea said...

These are adorable!!! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles! HUgsxx

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!