Ahoy Matey! Shiver Me Timbers!

First I must apologize for being so busy on the blog this week!  However, I came across a challenge awhile back that I just could not resist & wanted to participate in!  It's with the Lollipop Ladies...and the subject is "Pirates and Water". I just love their blog which I have just recently discovered!  They are having a DT call as well with this challenge...and I may just think about it!  I'm really enjoying my DT time over at Crafty Creations Challenges and wouldn't mind some more experience to add to my portfolio.  We'll see what I decide!  LOL

Another blog I enjoy following is Pile it On!  Their theme this week is "Water"...well isn't that where you will find pirates and their crews...on the high seas?  They too are having a DT call with this challenge.  So pop on over there as well with your water themed creations!

Now onto the challenges at hand...

My son LOVES pirates!  When we went to Disney he had a pirate makeover and loved it! I finally got around to scrap booking some of those photos and think the pages turned out so very cute!

Here's a sneak peek...(sorry some of the photos are taken from a bit of a distance, just trying to protect my son's privacy a little...thanks for understanding!)


For his makeover he was given a pirate name which was "Captain William Ropewalker".  You can see I've incorporated that into the titles of the double layout.  The background paper is a water blue and comes from the "All About Boys" paper stack by DCWV.  Actually all of the papers in the first layouts I will be showing you today come from that collection.  The "cogs" were a purchase I made from my favorite scrap shop and were cut from cork.  The pirate ship on the high seas in the corner was fussy cut from the same paper collection I previously mentioned.  I added some Stickles to the waves so they would glisten.  Along the bottom of the layouts I used snippets of words that were on a paper from the "All About Boys" collection as well.  I raised the ship off of the page with pop up dots to give it the look of floating along.

Here's a closer look at some of the detailing...


...and of the pirate ship and the various wording I fussy cut and ran together for an accent border!


As you can see in the above photo I have also torn the edges of the mats behind the photos and aged them with some distress ink.  

Well, I did another double layout of  this fantastic makeover and this is what that one looks like...


This one I entitled "Tyrant Training" as this is where the "wench" who transformed our son into a pirate gave him his instructions and he took his pirate oath!  It was too cute!  That sword did come with many rules!  

The images I used on this layout were from the Cricut Imagine Cartridge "Buccaneer". Even the 12x12 paper I used for this creation has been printed by my Cricut Imagine, as well as the mats behind the photos.  Here's a few closeups of those images...


Every pirate needs a crew...



Lastly, I wish to share with you my son's Birthday Party Invitation.  That too was Pirate themed!  It was completely made with my Cricut Imagine using the "Buccaneer" cartridge as well!


I had the Cricut cut out the various pieces of some of the images so that I could layer them and make the card more 3D.


This is what the inside of the invite looked like...



 

Well mateys that's all for me today!  I better get back to work swabbing my decks, doing the laundry, etc. before me family makes me walk the plank!

Thanks for cruising the high seas with me today...AAARRR

  These projects have been entered with the following challenges...

The Lollipop Ladies..."Pirates and Water"
Pile it On..."Water"
Love to Create Challenge Blog..."Fairy Tale or Fantasy"
My Craft Creations..."Anything Goes"
Heck of a Challenge..."The Sea"


Update:  This collection placed in the Top 3 at the following challenges...

Challenge top 3

12 comments

Nancy said...

Ahoy, matey!! lol Great pages, Tracey! I bet they were lots of fun to make! Wonderful invitation too! :o)

Susan Hogan said...

Fabulous layouts and a great card - so good! You have really excelled here. Thanksvfor sharing and good luck with the DT call.

Heather said...

What a fabulous scrapbook! Your little guy will love it later on when he gets a bit older, I think. All your pirate embellishments are super cute and just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing with The Lollipop Ladies.

Dewi Lestari said...

Awesome project! Thanks for joining at Heck of a Challenge: The Sea
Hugs
Dewi

Granmargaret said...

Great layouts and card. Thank you for joining us at Lollipop Ladies.

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a fabulous job on this pirate theme!!Thanks so very much for sharing it with at the Pile it On Challenge this week.

CG said...

Love the layouts and the card! So many adorable pirates :) Thank you for joining our challenge and DT call at Pile It On! Best, CG

Anonymous said...

Great layouts and fab invitation. Thank you so much for joining us at the Lollipop Ladies. Hope to see more of your creations.

Julene Matthews said...

Wow, you must be all pirated out! Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Ladies.

Sheila said...

Lovely card and fab scrapbook pages. Thank you for joining my craft creations challenge, good luck x

Unknown said...

Awesome layout and invitation! Thank you for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge Blog.
Ruza, LTC Designer

Deanne Saunders said...

Wow!!! Totally cool!!! Every bit of it!!! Thanks so much for participating in our PILE IT ON challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!