A Walk Down Memory Lane

Do you remember the 50's?  The 50's and 60's have always been decades that I've been fascinated with!  I love the music, the style of clothing and it just looked like a fun time to be young!  Now when you think 50's, I think what comes to mind for most people are poodle skirts, awesome cars, shakes and malts, vinyl records, the jukebox, etc.  Now when I think 50's my mind goes straight to the image of the perfect housewife.  LOL 

Now I cannot claim to be anything like the domestic divas represented in this era.  My house is never 100% tidy, I don't wear my apron all the time and don't always have supper ready when my husband comes home.  (All of this would just cut into too much card making/scrap booking time!)  However, when I look at the representation of the 50's housewife, I cannot help but think maybe it was a simpler time.  They were able to stay at home and look after their family without the extra added pressure of a career...they had time to get together with other housewives and chat...there was perhaps more pride in being a mother and housewife during that time...all in all I think maybe they were not spread so thin as many of us current day moms who try to do it all!

Well, you may wonder where all this mindless babble is going...

Stuck on U Sketches is holding a "Nifty 50's" die cut challenge currently!  I wanted to represent this era on behalf of all the housewives from back then...and here's what I came up with!


I have to say that I had so much fun working on this card! 

The background paper comes from a Heartwarming Vintage Die Cut sheet! I know I've mentioned that I love those...and I guess I'm saying it again!  The sentiment and the corner die cut card also come from the same sheet.  The lady in red (winking at you in the centre of the card), as well as the rolling pin, cooking utensils, over mitts and pie have all been cut with my Cricut Imagine.  The cartridge I used was "Kate's Kitchen.

Here's a bit of a close look...


And a close up shot of the die cuts I cut with my Imagine...


I hope you've enjoyed this walk down memory lane with me today!  I have to say that this 50's style card has got me wanting to put on my vintage material apron (oh you bet I have one...bought it just because it reminded me of the era with the old mixers, stoves, etc. on it) and maybe do some baking.  But that will have to wait...because company's coming and I think I better do some cleaning first!  LOL

Thanks again for stopping by...pop in again soon!

This card has been entered into the following challenges...
Stuck on U Sketches...Nifty 50's Die Cut Challenge
Crafts-Too Challenge You...Choose Your Decade
The Cheerful Stamp Pad..."From the Past"


Update:  This card place in the Top 3 with the following challenges...

 



11 comments

Shirley-Anne said...

Sigh ..I do remember those days .Love your creation .Fabulous collection of little images
hugs Shirley-Anne

Unknown said...

Fab card, great design - love those images. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this month at Crafts-Too Challenge You. Chris xxx

Sandi Clarkson said...

What an awesome project!

Vicki Romaine said...

A great collage card. It does look like fun. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, LOVE this Tracey!

Tracey said...

Very 50's....love your vintage card! Thanks for sharing it with us at SOUS.

Berry said...

I love this 50s style work! Thanks for playing at Crafts too this time hugs Rebekah xx

Anonymous said...

WOW! Totally 50's! What a great card! Thanks so much for playing along with the Die Cut challenge over at Stuck On U Sketches!

Sheila said...

Love that era too! What a fabulous, fun card!!! Thanks for joining us over at SOUS!

Nanne said...

What a great card, loving all those retro elements ;)
thanks for sharing this with us girls over at S.O.U.S
hugs
Nanné

Melissa said...

Super cute, thanks for joining Sous!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!