It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's....

It's a Bird, It's a Plane...nope it's not Superman!

Who is faster than the speed of light, who is strong enough to stop a paper airplane, who has eyes on the back of her head....it's my son's second grade teacher!  LOL

Now when I saw the card challenge by Crafty Creations Challenges, I have to admit I was kinda stumped and knew trying to tackle this one was going to lead me straight outta my comfort zone!  Their challenge this week was "Super Heros".  Now you could either use a Super Hero theme, or create a card for someone you felt was a Super Hero.  Well, the idea of my son's teacher being a super hero came to me while I was sitting in my son's assembly as the Parent Advisory Council surprised her with a retirement gift...sniff, sniff, this is her last year of teaching.  I thought to myself....this teacher has been a Super Hero, using her life to teach and inspire future generations who will in turn grow up to be their own kind of Super Hero.

Well, my son adores his teacher for so many different reasons....the first being, that she has the same name as myself!  LOL  The running joke in the classroom when I volunteer is that there are two Tracey Fehr's in the classroom...I spell my first name with an "E" and she does not!  Well my son thought this was the neatest thing to have his mom and teacher have the same name!  He also loves it that she shares things about her life with the class.  I got to hear all about when her new grand baby was born, things she might do when she retires, etc.  I love it when a teacher not only listens to what's happening in her classroom children's lives, but shares with them as well.  He loves the songs they sing together, the "Chicken Soup with Rice" she cooks for them and they eat as she reads the book, and because of her he loves going to school!

I too have reasons for believing that Mrs. Fehr really is a Super Hero!  The first being that she has taught for 30+ years...in my books, to have taught that many children and been patient that long deserves more than a card and mention on a blog!  LOL  But seriously, Mrs. Fehr runs a classroom like I have never seen any other teacher do!  The class is quiet, respectful and each child knows what they should be doing.  Rarely have I ever seen her have to tell a child something twice!  She is kind and compassionate, but leads the class with a gentle firmness and the kids fall into line knowing that she expects awesome behaviour from them!  I've often laughed and told friends that when she retires, she should run a parenting course as she makes this all look so very easy!  Through this school year I have seen my son blossom under the influence of this Super Woman...to watch him grow more independent, to form good study habits and most of all to have a love for school & learning...well, for this I say Thank You Mrs. Fehr!

So, I set about working on a card from my son to honor this very special lady!  I wanted it to be resemble something a boy would give her...and here's what I came up with...


The majority of this card was created with my Silhouette Cameo...which I am still getting familiar with.  All of the images were printed and cut with this awesome machine!  The background paper is from a collection of Becky Higgens "Project Life", and the blue die cut behind the notepaper image has been cut with the BigShot using a Sissix Die for Stamp'n Up called Top Note.  The stars have been either glittered or outlined using various colors of glitter or Stickles.  All of the sayings have been covered over with Glossy Accents...sorry the picture will not show this better!  The Super Boy image was just too cute to resist, and I added the notepaper die cut and stack of books with the apple to give it that school/teacher feel!  I was hoping the card would kind of come out looking a bit like a comic book page...and I think it did!

I know my son will be proud to present this to his teacher at the end of the school year!  He is absolutely tickled pink to have been able to be in the last class this wonderful woman was teaching.  I know that she will be extremely missed in the school hallways!  That being said, I'm sure she is ready for her new adventures in life...to hang up her cape which I'm sure she has tucked neatly under her blazer, making sure neither child or parent will see!

Well, that's it for now!  Thanks for popping in to see what I have been up to!  Please come again!

This card has also been entered into some other neat challenges I found along the way...
Craft Creations Challenges..."Super Heros"
Card Crafter's Circle..."Stripe Me Silly"
Silhouette Challenges..."Print and Cut"
Simon Says Stamp & Show..."Challenge Brought to you by The Letter S"

9 comments

Shirley-Anne said...

What a lovely dedication for this amazing teacher . Love your creation .
Cheers Shirley-Anne

Jennifer said...

This is really cool! Love the wonderful sentiments you've used together! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

Nana said...

Beautiful. fabulous gift. Thanks for linking up over at Silhouette Challenges

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Migdalia said...

Totally Cute, Cool and Fun!!!Love it!
Thank you for playing at Silhouette Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your super hero is great....so much FUN!!! Great card for a boy! Thank you for showing us your S inspiration this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!!!

Craft Me This said...

Super fun card. Thanks for playing along with us

Scrappin Sista said...

What a fun card, thanks for joining us at Silhouette Challenges, hope you decide to join us again!!
Alice B. DT member

Karen said...

Adorable! I love the notepaper cut and buttons! Thanks for playing along at Silhouette Challenges! :)

Karen
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

This is adorable. Great job!
Thanks for joining us over at Silhouette Challenges
Great priced, fun digi paper
Tabitha's Designs
Come join us for a Fathers Day Challenge over at Craft Lovin Challenges!!!!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!