My Favorite Kinda Card

Good Morning...and thanks for joining me today!  We had such lovely sunshine and warmth yesterday, and today we're back to all that nasty wet stuff.  However, nasty wet stuff does lead to card making so maybe I shouldn't complain!  LOL

I came upon another awesome blog the other day, Sugar Creek Hollow and could hardly wait to play along with them...they feature my absolute favorite type of card to make...VINTAGE!  I love the "old world", "retro" and "vintage" card making styles!  The beautiful embellishments, buttons, lace, doilies, flowers and washi tape...I love being surrounded by them. 

Well I had to chuckle to myself when I saw the challenge..."Clean it Out", because I am a hoarder of vintage type papers, embellies, etc. and actually cringe at using some of them because they are so beautiful.  Crazy, right?  Well I went through some things and found an image, and an embellishment I'd had in my stash for awhile and had just not wanted to use because I didn't want to use them until I had the perfect layout in my head.  I hesitantly started designing and here is the outcome...


And a closer look at the image and embellishment I finally caved to using...
 

The young girl cut out is from Heartwarming Vintage, as well as the bird stamp cut outs.  They have all been fussy cut and inked to give them that old, vintage feeling.  They are matted against a white doily and unfortunately the background paper I cannot include the source as it was a piece that had been laying around as well...my apologies! (It just so reminds me of old wallpaper!) The beautiful pansy embellishment is from K&Company.  'Tis a rather simplistic card, however I felt the image of the young girl should be were the admirers focus should fall. 

Thanks again for joining me...until next time!

6 comments

Mynn xx said...

LOVE the doily! Your image is just beautiful, too. Fabulous vintage feel and beautiful card! :)

Daniele said...

so glad you found us out, and joined in with the chalenge at Sugar Creek Hollow, such a lovely card
hugs

Sherry Hickey said...

Your card is so sweet! Glad you shared some of your special stash treasures with us at Sugar Creek Hollow! Look forward to seeing your work on the next challenge!

Shirley-Anne said...

Absolutely adore vintage but never seem to coordinate image , papers and embellishments so beautifully as this .
Hugs Shirley-Anne

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, this is a beautiful vintage creation. Love the doily in the background.
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 600-Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much if you have entered and good luck.}
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}
PS: I am also now your latest keen Follower xxx

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Lol. Nope, it is not crazy. I have several papers that I refuse to use because they are too pretty. I am glad you used your untouchable crafty items...your card is gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the sweet comments! How nice!

Have a wonderful week!

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!