Ballet Recital

This particular weekend is one of the busiest out of the year for me...it's our daughter's dance recital.  Their dance school does 3 performances, with the first having been last night.  So, today holds two performances back to back.  Last nights performance was sold out, and I have no doubt that the two today will be as well.  I do have to admit, when you sit in the audience and watch what all these kids have accomplished & they're up on stage in their costumes, there is something magical about it...

I decided last night I would create a special card for my daughter to congratulate her on all that she has accomplished this last year.  I knew it had to be a feminine card with some pink in it because that's her favorite color and she is a real "girly" young lady!

Here's what I came up with...







My goal was to dig through some scraps left over from my card making processes because I never seem to get around to using all my odds and ends scrap paper.  I found some pieces in the exact colorings I was looking for.  I know that some of the background paper is from Graphic 45's "The Secret Garden", and as for the rest...sorry!  I had to add a doily to bring the feminine feeling up a whole notch...all of the papers including the doily have been gently inked for a vintage feel.  I once again used my BigShot to cut out the fancy ovals for the ballerina stamp background.  They are from the Spellbinders Nestabilities line.  The Ballerina stamp is from the Stamp'n Up Stamp Collection called "Dance"and has been aged with Glossy Accents Crackle...and the flowers are from several different companies including Recollections and Stamp'n Up.  You'll also noticed I used a Tim Holtz Movers & Shapers die for the vintage lady tucked just behind the flowers...it's called Mini Silhouettes.  Throw in an old fashioned type hair pin (which I got at my local craft store...Love is in the Details) and a few buttons and you've got a beautiful, romantic, feminine ballet card ready to congratulate your dancer!

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!