A Last Minute Creation

Today's post features a birthday card my daughter and I created for her friend's 10th birthday.  It was a busy week and I have to admit this was left to pretty much the last minute.  I even tried talking my daughter into just picking out a card at the local dollar store (gasp...I know...), and she would have no part of it.  She knew exactly what she wanted for her friends card...a puppy diecut from the Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge.  Now I guess it's confession time...I cringe when I have to design a card quickly with the Cricut.  It takes time to cut all the little pieces, assemble them, and then there's the embellishing....truth be told I just struggle with the whole process sometimes.  So I decided it would be nothing fancy today, and I would try to do it without stressing out!  LOL

We put our heads together, and here was our end result...



For the background we chose some Cricut paper scraps we had laying around in the scraproom.  As I stated earlier, the puppy was cut from the Everyday Paperdolls Cricut cartridge.  The rest of the diecuts were created with the Special Treats Cricut cartridge.  We made sure the puppy was dressed for the occasion by adding some Stamp'n Up pearls to the collar!  Then we added a little Stamp'n Up glitter to the bow on the present and party hat, and a touch of Glitter Ritz to the flames on the number 10 candles.  Darling daughter was thrilled with the results...and I'm happy to report so was her friend!

Thanks for looking!

No comments

Thanks for visiting!

Thanks for visiting!